M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ETS and ABS lights ON

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS and ABS lights ON

Hello,

I have a 98 ML320 with 75K miles.

I plan to go to Benz Dealership to check this problem, but wanted to run it by AudiWorld experts first to get some advices and be prepared to deal with Audi dealership.

I changed my brakes and rotors about 3K miles ago. Few days after that change I had to replace a front left tire. Same day, after replacement of tire, my ETS and ABS lights came ON. I drove it for few miles and lights went OFF.
I planned to go back to that shop to compalin, but never had time. Also ABS and ETS lights stopped coming ON.

Anyway, few days ago, my ETS and ABS ligts came ON and now they are ON all the time. Seems like brakes are Ok and vehicle is stopping OK.
Does any of you have any experience with this?

P.S. I also own Audi A6. About 6k miles ago I used same brand brake parts and rotors. Wierd enough, currently I have ABS and ETS check lights ON on that vehicle too.

Could it be poor quality brake pads and brake sensors in them???

Is there a way to check these codes somewhere else - not pay dealership ripoff rates?

Please advice.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01 ML55, 91 Supra Turbo, 05 Audi S4
Originally Posted by MontenegroATL
Hello,

I have a 98 ML320 with 75K miles.

I plan to go to Benz Dealership to check this problem, but wanted to run it by AudiWorld experts first to get some advices and be prepared to deal with Audi dealership.

I changed my brakes and rotors about 3K miles ago. Few days after that change I had to replace a front left tire. Same day, after replacement of tire, my ETS and ABS lights came ON. I drove it for few miles and lights went OFF.
I planned to go back to that shop to compalin, but never had time. Also ABS and ETS lights stopped coming ON.

Anyway, few days ago, my ETS and ABS ligts came ON and now they are ON all the time. Seems like brakes are Ok and vehicle is stopping OK.
Does any of you have any experience with this?

P.S. I also own Audi A6. About 6k miles ago I used same brand brake parts and rotors. Wierd enough, currently I have ABS and ETS check lights ON on that vehicle too.

Could it be poor quality brake pads and brake sensors in them???

Is there a way to check these codes somewhere else - not pay dealership ripoff rates?

Please advice.

ETS,ABS lights,......Have the dealer check the sensors,..mine come on sometime and I have new brakes on my ML. I find that if I brake hard and the road is bumpy mine will come on and stay on until I restart the truck....you will many posts on this forum regarding this problem do a search,...Good luck!
Old 05-04-2006, 12:20 AM

ML320
Get into your ML. Start it. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left. Count to five. Now turn the steering wheel all the way to the right. Count to five. You can now forget about going to the dealership and make a donation towards my retirement fund.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:09 PM

Are you serious or are you joking??