M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

2001 ML320 Wont Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 ML320 Wont Start

I stopped at a gas station to get some directions and when I came back out, the ML would not start. The starter does not even spin. I then got a jump and went to the dealer who suggested it was the starter relay. It was a friday I could not leave the car there over the weekend so I decided to buy the part and fix it myself. Well I've installed and it still would not even crank. I called Mercedes and someone came to my house, put in a new battery still no crank. When I turn the keys the instrument panels lights kind of flickers and the dome lights also, as if the battery contacts are dirty. I've cleaned them and even the other end of the battery cables that attach to the car.

The best I get is a click from the starter, but the flickering lights leads me to believe its probably not the starter, it cant be the battery, it wont start with a new one, and I've had mine on charge overnight. So whats the deal?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help ML320 wont start

I tried starting it this morning, I noticed that when you turn the keys to start it, the starter justs clicks, and when you let the keys go, the lights on the instrument panel goes dim for about 2 seconds and then they light back up.