M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

99 ML Window jammed - not the switch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 ML Window jammed - not the switch

All,

I recently had to fix the support for the switch module in my 99 ML320. The plastic retaining clips in the front had broken so that the entire switch module would move downward if you pressed a switch. I found the instructions for replacing the switch module and managed to find a couple of screws that fit the existing mounting holes. After I re-assembled the module I tested all of the windows and verified that they worked.

About 2 days later the front passenger window started to jam. It will go down about 1/8" and then stop, I can hear the motor still trying to move the window. When I pull up on the switch the window will raise to the fully closed position. I am pretty sure that it is not the switch but it seems a bit too coincidental.

Is there anything involving the switch module that might be causing this or is my best bet to remove the door panel and take a look at what might be going on?

Thanks for all of your help - this is the best use of the internet I've ever run across.

Ski