M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Solution: 2004 ML500 Audio Fluctuation Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 05:12 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 ML500
Talking Solution: 2004 ML500 Audio Fluctuation Issue

Hey guys,

Some of you may remember that I was having a very annoying problem with the Bose audio in my 2004 ML500. Aside from the speed-sensitive volume, there was something wrong which made the volume fluctuate violently depending on engine speed (not ground speed), as well as ambient surrounding sound.

The ML has been to the dealership I got "him" from 4 times without luck. Then he was at my local dealership 2 times. Then I sent him there for the third time, and they declared they will ship the ML to HQ.

I am pleased to report that after 2 new radios, 2 new amplifiers and a set of new microphones, and a completely new set of wiring for all the speakers, the issue has been resolved. It turns out that somewhere there was interference with the speaker wiring near the amp. A whole new wiring set has finally fixed this.

The ML has spent a total of 2 months at dealerships for this issue.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
I'm really really glad to hear that and kudos to your SA for not sticking it to you. Our service departments can really make a big difference in the ML experience. Now, go unintefere nomore. And why in the world do you think that I need to see snow in the middle of the summer?????
Old 07-25-2006, 10:53 PM

C230K, downgrade :(
that pic of your ML500 looks like it is spitting out snow, what a beast!
Old 07-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 ML500
Originally Posted by Darkmann
I'm really really glad to hear that and kudos to your SA for not sticking it to you. Our service departments can really make a big difference in the ML experience. Now, go unintefere nomore. And why in the world do you think that I need to see snow in the middle of the summer?????
What do you mean uninterfere no more?

Snow is a very good thing, and so is -20*C or even colder. I LOATHE the summer with its sticky high humidex temperatures and all that sunlight.

The winter is perfect because in -20*C you don't sweat no matter what you're doing, and it can get dark as soon as 4:30PM, which is simply wonderful!

That picture was taken at the cottage this winter when the ML still had crappy Dunlop tires from the dealer. Even so it plowed through anything I attacked. Now I've bought new Michelin Cross Terrain tires for it, and I'm guessing next winter will be even more fun!