M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

OBD II Code Reader / Scan Tool - Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 ML320
OBD II Code Reader / Scan Tool - Advice

I've done a lot of searching in this forum regarding the use of scan tools/code readers. There noticed some group buys here as well for some code readers, but they seem to have long since passed.

My 2000 ML320 recently tossed a CE light, and naturally, I would like to see what is going on. We don't have any Autozones in Toronto, and I'm not going to the dealership just to have some codes read. I would like to purchase a code reader that can read/reset engine codes. Does anyone have any suggestions of a decently robust tool (something I can use on all my cars)? For the most part, anything decent I found on these boards don't ship to Canada, and with the duty/taxes, it's not worth it to purchase over the border. I did find some vendors on ebay who ship out of Vancouver, which works well for me. They are sellling this scan tool, which looks to be a decent deal at $90US. Does anyone have any experience with this tool, and will it work with MB's ISO protocol?
Old 07-25-2006, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://scangauge.com/

I've been using the ScanGauge II (and had used ver. 1) and it rocks. It is a usefully daily tool providing info such as intake air temp, throttle position, engine load, etc as well as being an effective ODBII scan tool. To get the additional info a MB provides is going to take more than a $158 SGII. I'm a dealer for it but I can't advertise here.