M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

270CDI Power Loss

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 270CDI Power Loss

Hi Guy's
I need some serious help please.
We own a 270CDI and up until this Wednesday everything was OK

Then !!!!!!!

We seem to have lost the power from the engine,The engine revs ok whilst not in drive (it's a auto),But as soon as you put it in drive and start to move away,the gearbox changes gear far to early,as though it will not hold in any gear until it has reached it's final gear (5th).

If you put your foot down on the gas pedal, it does not kick back into another gear it steadily makes progress in the gear you are in, until it has reached top gear.

Progression is slow but it is driveable in a fashion,but I have no confidence in over taking manoeuvres only with great caution.
I have done the parameter reset of the throttle,the one that is shown in the R170 threads: with the ignition on hold the gas pedal down for 5 seconds etc and still nothing has changed.

As I say this problem arose on Wednesday,but the power has come back intermittently,until today when it has lost power all together.In the fashion that I have explained above.

Does any one have any ideas what the problem may be.
Has anyone experience this them selves and if so what was the remedies

The ML is a 2001 Pre face lift 2.7 CDI Auto

Also as we live in the West Midlands in the UK, Is there any one who knows of a good independent mechanic who works on MB ML's,Local to us.As the dealer network is looking at £90 + VAT per Hour,Just to look at the vehicle

Thanks
Hopefully
Paul
Old 08-14-2006, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick up date 2 weeks have now gone by, and by changing the air mass meter,it solved the problem.