M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Instrument Panel Mileage Lamp out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 ML 320, 02 Honda Civic LX
Question Instrument Panel Mileage Lamp out?

While driving today, I noticed that the mileage display on the odometer/instrument panel has dimmed considerably. I thought it is the sun but noticed the difference of intensity between the mileage display and the ones to the left (outside temp) and right (time) and they were glowing pretty bright. I had to look real close to read the mileage and confirmed that the mileage is indeed correct (it is incrementing as it should) but the display is out of intensity.

Is this a lamp/bulb issue? Or something more serious? It has 49,120 miles.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instrument panel

Originally Posted by coretexity
While driving today, I noticed that the mileage display on the odometer/instrument panel has dimmed considerably. I thought it is the sun but noticed the difference of intensity between the mileage display and the ones to the left (outside temp) and right (time) and they were glowing pretty bright. I had to look real close to read the mileage and confirmed that the mileage is indeed correct (it is incrementing as it should) but the display is out of intensity.

Is this a lamp/bulb issue? Or something more serious? It has 49,120 miles.

Same thing happened to me last night.Suddenly out of the blue milage display on the odometer/instrument panel has dimmed considerably.Need help !!
Anyone knows how to fix this problem??