M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Passenger's airbag cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Passenger's airbag cover

Hi!
My 98 ML320 started making a bad noise behing the dashboard (close to the central air vents), so I took it with my mechanic and he fixed the problem replacing a part but he had to break the cover clips for the passenger's air bag. Now he cannot get the clips from the dealer because they want to sell him the whole dashboard.
Is there a way to get those clips somewhere else, or to stick the airbag cover back into place without affecting the airbag mechanism?
Please help!
Old 09-09-2006, 04:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
The dealer is probably right. I dont know your relation with the mechanic but did he ask you if he could break them? He should cover the cost of any damage and have insurance to cover mishaps. But the dealer is usually right about that kind of stuff. The main reason why I go to the dealer is if they mess anything up trying to fix a problem they pay to fix it.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Dad - '04 ML350E
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
The dealer is probably right. I dont know your relation with the mechanic but did he ask you if he could break them? He should cover the cost of any damage and have insurance to cover mishaps. But the dealer is usually right about that kind of stuff. The main reason why I go to the dealer is if they mess anything up trying to fix a problem they pay to fix it.
some people don't like going to dealerships because of the cost, thats why they choose to go to independent shops.