M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Automatic Windows + Sunroof?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2006 | 10:20 AM
Almost a Member!

Automatic Windows + Sunroof?

I see that my 02 ML320 has automatic sunroof and windows but some times it just chooses not to work. My sunroof I see it rarely move autmatically when you tap it once and thats only when you slide it backwards to open it. As for the windows they are starting to work on there own mind and whenever they choose to automatically choose to. Ex: Ill start the car, and the drivers side is only automatic, shut off the car, start again and only the Driverside/Rear Left work only. I try it again later on after I get back from shopping and all them work, then it just swaps around and chooses which one should work. Anyone know if this is a common problem? Also how does the automatic sunroof really work?
Old 09-10-2006 | 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by Benzlova
I see that my 02 ML320 has automatic sunroof and windows but some times it just chooses not to work. My sunroof I see it rarely move autmatically when you tap it once and thats only when you slide it backwards to open it. As for the windows they are starting to work on there own mind and whenever they choose to automatically choose to. Ex: Ill start the car, and the drivers side is only automatic, shut off the car, start again and only the Driverside/Rear Left work only. I try it again later on after I get back from shopping and all them work, then it just swaps around and chooses which one should work. Anyone know if this is a common problem? Also how does the automatic sunroof really work?
The sunroof will only auto open and will not auto close (has to do with legal issues). The windows will auto open if you just tap the button once, sometimes they are get sticky and you will end up having to replace all of them and the part is like $60 or $70 and will take you about 30 mins to replace all the switches since they come in a one pice thing.