M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML320 Air Conditioning- Blower OK- Air hot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320 Air Conditioning- Blower OK- Air hot

Good day All...
I have a 2002 ML320 with just over 50k miles. A few weeks ago, while traveling on the highway for about 30 minutes at 65MPH, I had the auto air conditioning on, around 70 degrees. Outside temp was about 85. All of a sudden, the A/C stopped blowing cold and was just blowing non A/C air (like just having the fan on blowing outside air into the cabin). The fan still worked fine, but the AC was gone. I figured I would need a coolant re-charge. When I got home and parked the car, then went out about an hour later, all was well...nice, icy air. It was good for a week, did the same thing once again, and now has been perfect for about two weeks. Any ideas??? Maybe I am slowly loosing coolant? (but I thought once it's gone, it's gone). And of course it's fine now, so I'd hate to go to the dealer where they may not find anything. Thanks for any help!
Old 09-13-2006, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Try running on the temp you want but leave the fan speed steady see if you still have the problem. My guess is the A/C temp sensor for the auto might be having some issues. But try with manual settings and try and see if you can narrow it down to only happens with auto setting on or always happens regardless of the setting. I find auto does some strange things even when the car is still hot inside it likes to slowly creep down the fan speed and most of the time I control it manually.