M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Keyless door lock/unlock problem..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 05:51 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
2000 ML320 2006 SLK 350
Keyless door lock/unlock problem..

I know, this issue is pretty well discussed and there are plenty of posts that talk about this...I somehow seem to be having a unique so far undiscussed symptom with my door locks.

The door locks/rear hatch lock work perfectly fine through the door lock/unlock switch on the center console. So door lock actuator/fusebox relay issues can be ruled out.

The rear hatch locks/unlocks perfectly through the keyless FOB.

The 1st stage driver side lock & 2nd stage door locks intermittently will not unlock through the keyless FOB. The doors will however lock lock perfectly through the keyless FOB.

The culprit could be AAM, and so I lift up the hood and open the fusebox. As I try and unlock the doors through the keyless FOB, I can clearly hear the door unlock relay clicking consistently with each unlock attempt. The truck blinkers blink perfectly (rules out the FOB antenna/rolling code issues) once on each unlock attempt, the relay clicks perfectly on each unlock attempt, but the actual locks will not lift up.

I am ruling out the relay (I recently even replaced it with a new one) and the AAM and the door lock actuators and the FOB antenna/rolling code sync issue...what else could it be????

Last edited by mihir_d; 10-31-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:25 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
2000 ML320 2006 SLK 350
I am going to have to disclose this surprising finding....

It just seems that when I replaced the door unlock relay, the new relay probably just didn't sit well in the socket...

I happened to fiddle with the relay one more time this afternoon in the hope that it might resolve things...and guess what, it did...all I did was remove the relay and re-insert it...this time, applied equal pressure on it from the top on all corners...checking again to make sure, all legs had gone in evenly...probably applied pressure one more time and then tried to unlock the doors.

I must have locked/unlocked them 50 times so far during the day...and not once has that problem resurfaced....