M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

BAS ESP handy tip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
BAS ESP handy tip?

I do apologise if this is well known - its just that I searched this forum today for my problem (which was the BAS/ESP light came on after I had disconnected the battery) and the answer was not on this forum, but I found it elsewhere. That is, you can reset this light by turning the steering full lock to the left, then full lock to the right. Simple, but handy tip I thought.

One other question I cannot find the answer to anywhere (sorry, maybe I'm just a bad "searcher") is that the reason I disconnected the battery was that the car has not been used for a couple of weeks and the only just started. So, I thought I would trickle charge the battery overnight. However, as soon as I disconnected either terminal, the alarm goes off? How do i stop that?

I spoke to my local garage and they advised simply to leave the car running to charge the battery - which is what I am doing...just seemed rather poor for the environment.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks that always happens too me when i disconnct the battery but it usally goes away butr thanks for the tip reall help full