M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Aux Fan Wiring Harness and Fuse Upgrade "Help"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aux Fan Wiring Harness and Fuse Upgrade "Help"

Looking for anyone out there who installed the upgrade aux wiring harness on there ML themself. I'm trying to install the upgraded Aux Fan Wiring Harness and Fuse myself but, I ran into some confusion under the F1 Fuse and Relay module (fuse panel) where I am to unplug the blue connector (ML/B) from the underside of the fuse holder. I have the under side of the fuse panel expose and see about 3-4 blue connectors. Could one of those be my connector? Are these connectors label? And the wires going to then do you need a removal tool to take them out? I finded where the ground goes and the disconnect for the aux fan connector harness goes. The new 40A fuse goes in position f44 in the fuse holder. But not sure about the under the fuse panel wiring connector wire goes. And do anyone have any pic. Thx...
Old 12-17-2006, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'99 ML430, '84 380SL, '04 XC90, '12 X5
Harness Upgrade

I replaced mine about a year ago. Just trace the path of the old wire. You have to pull it from below but you have to "release" the "catches" first. Look at the new one (from above) and you'll see either one or 2 (can't recall). I used a straight pin to hold the catch(es) in the released position (they're tensioned like a spring if I recall correctly) and GENTLY pull from below. You don't need much force if you have them released properly. Plus you don't want to damage the plastic holder because it needs to retain/lock the new one properly.

If you send me a close up picture of the terminal, I'll try to point out the "catches" I'm talking about.