M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Service interval

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63(Euro-spec)
Service interval

Hi..
When I bought my car..I didnt get manual from pre. owner..
What is the service interval for 01 ML320?
Thank you!
Old 09-17-2002, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
The service interval is determined electronically - the acronym for the system is the FSS (Flexible Servive System). The FSS determines your service interval based on several factors including your driving habits. Typically, the first service, the "A" service comes on around 10-12K miles. This is usually followed by a "B" service the next 10-12K. All this depends on whether or not the previous owner did any service at all, including oil changes between A and B service.

Now to answer your question you can do one of these: A) If you don't have 10K on car yet, keep on driving. B) Go to your MB service and ask them to look the car up - they'll tell you what needs to be done C) If a little wrench sign shows up on the dash, it's time for A service. If two wrenches, B service is required. If you want to know when A or B service will be required, push and hold (or push twice, don't quite recall) the knob on the left of the speedometer. A wrench sign will show up with mileage to go b4 next service (I may not have the push knob sequence correct, but will check in my manual later)
Old 09-18-2002, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml430
Question

that reminds me. i thought i heard about a recall of 98-01's mb's
for something like the warannty says the oil changes should be every 10k miles but people who have waited that long have had big problems..

so i thought i heard they were going to extend the warantee or something like that? did anyone else hear anything of that nature?

thanx

'00 ml430
Old 09-18-2002, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Originally posted by three56a
that reminds me. i thought i heard about a recall of 98-01's mb's
for something like the warannty says the oil changes should be every 10k miles but people who have waited that long have had big problems..

so i thought i heard they were going to extend the warantee or something like that? did anyone else hear anything of that nature?

thanx

'00 ml430
I read about that. I believe it's a class action suit in the Detroit area where some M Class owners who had engine problems. They claimed that MB did not alert them early enough to switch to synthetic oil and that that caused them to have engine problems. MB agreed to extend their warranties to 100K, I think. I have been trying to pull the URL of the newspaper article, but I haven't been successful so far.