M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ipod input help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 06:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 S500, 05 Jeep GC, 06 Acura TL, 04 BMW 530i, 98 Jag xk8,
ipod input help

So im trying to add this AUX2R input from crutchfield i followed andrews write up.

I remember seeing a page where it shows you what to unplug and plug in but i cant find it any where . any help would be great thanks guys!
Old 01-23-2007, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Originally Posted by Riffyb
So im trying to add this AUX2R input from crutchfield i followed andrews write up.

I remember seeing a page where it shows you what to unplug and plug in but i cant find it any where . any help would be great thanks guys!
Pull out the MCS. As you are holding in your hands look at the back down by your left hand( I am assuming you are holding the unit so the screen is facing you). You should see a black plug that looks similar to the AUX input plug you bought but it will have more wires on it. Pull it out and plug in your AUX, then have an ipod handy to test it before you put it back in. If I remember right it only has 1 plug in the back of the MCS that fits this particular item.

I tried to find you a picture but I dont seem to have any of my old ML anymore...

look at this ebay link and click to the picture of the back of the MCS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...QQcmdZViewItem

See the green thing sticking out the back to the right of that is where you plug in your new thing. I am 90% sure its the top slot.