M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

brake light and brake pads light on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 ml430 sport, 97 c230
brake light and brake pads light on

hey guys
i know when the brake bads flash while your driving or something that mean the brake pads worn down but in my case i'm having the brake pads light and the brake light coming on and off at the same time and it's not cuze of the parking brake engaged. any help out there and thank you in advance,
jerry
Old 02-14-2007, 11:10 PM

1999 Mercedes Benz SL500 & 2009 E350 4Matic Wagon
Unhappy Almost the same problem

Our 2001 ML320 had the same problem, however, it also would sometimes sound the warning buzzer. This happened while we were traveling through Portland Oergon. After about six hours at the Protland dealership they found the problem to be a hole rubbed in the wiring harness near the left rear of the car. At that time there was only one other reported case of this problem on the master Mercedes problem file that they were able to call up through their dealer computer link. You might have your local dealer contact them for the fix. If you need additional info, let me know and I will try to find the paper work on the repair. This was the next to the last straw for the ML and we sold it!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:15 PM

WOW that is the same behavior we are seeing with our ML320.
I thought that was Normal as it needs new brakes.
Basically both the Pad light and the Brake light go on at the same time.
My wife has told me that she does get the beeping sound with the ETS and some other light come on too, but it only has happened twice since the pad, and brake light started to come on a couple of weeks ago.
Also the pad light and the brake light are not on all the time, only when she brakes.
Is that normal?

Thanks