M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

00 ML430 - AC Problem, blowing air, but not cold *Air Condition Problem * No cold air

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 754 Likes on 702 Posts
2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
Did you know for a fact that you A/C was working the day before you brought the truck to the mechanic?
Old 05-20-2014, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 ML 2003
Originally Posted by Maj. Dundee
Did you know for a fact that you A/C was working the day before you brought the truck to the mechanic?
Yes the ac was working. But after the repair on radiator and ps pump, the system stopped blowing any cold air . When I turned the ac, I can feel things are getting engaged and car is getting loaded, the ac blower to the cabin runs but it just blows air same temp as outside. When the outside temp was a bit cooler like in the morning .. Then I get some cooler air but when outside temp was hot ( I live in phoenix az) it was always hot. This happened weather the car is running at speed or standstill .
Old 05-20-2014, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
When he removed the radiator he either disconnected the condenser and or the refrigerant reservoir (#14) which neither has to be removed. Read steps 13 and 15. He either forgot to replace the refrigerant or he tried to pull one over on you.

Now you will have to argue this out with him.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R&I Radiator.pdf (138.2 KB, 1005 views)
Old 07-10-2014, 05:48 PM
wrm

1998 ML320
your problem may not be electrical CHECK RADIATOR LEVEL

I just experienced this issue. The fix was to ensure plenty of radiator fluid in the overflow reservoir.

I worked on my vehicle several months back and disconnected the top radiator hose causing about a half gallon of fluid to spill. While I put some fluid back in, I neglected to put in enough to keep fluid in the overflow reservoir to the cold fill line. I recently noted that neither of my auxiliary fans was working. Since I live in a very hot climate, they normally run very regularly. Checked fuse 44 (which had blown several years ago) and it was fine. Then connected the fans directly to the battery to ensure they both worked--they did. Recalled the last work I had done (noted above), and checked radiator fluid level--low. Replenished fluid and fans now work fine. I assume the sensor that turns on the auxiliary fans relies on fluid in the overflow reservoir for its reading.

No fluid in overflow reservoir=no reading=no fan function.

A simple but easily overlooked fix.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:28 PM

gl450
The AC of my GL450 only run for about 30-60 minutes and turn off by itself. And from there I can not turn it back on again. I need to shut the engine down and wait until the engine to be cool and I can turn AC on.
Brought the car to Dealer for them to update software but it does not work. Brought back again for them to further check it and they said AC control unit have problem, I replaced AC control unit but it did not work either
Now I am trying to get actual values of AC, anyone in this forum know how to do with GL450. Thank you very much
Old 03-16-2015, 06:45 PM

Mercedes ML430
Originally Posted by ESIII
My ML 430 run really bad when it first starts up in the day, it crawls along for a while and it take some time before I can enter traffic. If I were to punch it, it take awhile to catch on...any thoughts

I went through something like that once, and it turned out to be the fule filter was starving the engine.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:46 PM

Mercedes ML430
That should have said " FUEL " not fule.....
Old 09-11-2016, 03:03 PM

Ml 270 cdi 2005
Same problem with my a/c

Originally Posted by Darkmann
I hesitated responding becasue I have a 05 and the climate control system is quite different fom yours - at least the way it works. In any case, I had a similar prolem with my 05. In my case, the insides would fog up terribly on rainy days, there was barely any warm air and the cold air wasn't there at all. It was diagnosed to a faulty temperature sensor. That would require taking out the dash and I wasn't too happy. The looked further and found out that the control unit (I have no idea which one) that sends data to the temp sensor was the culprit. It was replaced and I have been having good air since March, I believe. Just my contribution.
i have i think the same car 2005 ML 270 cdi special edition, sometimes the a/c works just fine and then all of a sudden does not, i turn it off and tried a lot of different things and then works again. I think it may be the temperature sensor. Did you change The one inside de dash? part number 1638300272?

Best regards

Pablo
Old 03-05-2017, 07:39 PM

Mercedes 240 ml430 2001
Originally Posted by Detari_SR
Hello everyone,

2000 ML430
93k miles

I'm having an AC problem similar to some others I have read on the forum. When the AC is turned on, it does blow air, but the air is NOT cold.
There are no clicking noises and the engine RPM does not increase when the AC is turned on.
With some research on the forums, I learned about the #44 30A Fuse and the low level of R134.
I found the fuse to be blown and the R134a lever to be LOW.
Replaced the blown #44 Fuse and added some R134 to the proper level, but the problem is still the same.

If any of you has any ideas that could help, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

P.S. The AC does not get much usage since it is cold most of the year, but last summer was working fine.
I have the same problem fuses are good no leack was working fine front fans work no middle when I push ac buttonhelp
Old 03-06-2017, 07:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
Originally Posted by Milo Hernandez
I have the same problem fuses are good no leack was working fine front fans work no middle when I push ac buttonhelp

First of all activation of the A/C compressor is un-fused. The compressor is activated by the AAM.

What does "no middle when I push ac" mean?
Old 08-15-2017, 08:56 PM

MB 2010 GLK 350 4MATIC SPORT
A/C isn't blowing cold air after mistakenly adjusting the bolt on clutch.

....so I took my MB 2010 GLK 350 4MATIC Sport for pulley system alignment (belt pulley/vibration damper wasn't align) as the poly v-belt was constantly shredded (4belts replaced in a week). The mechanic mistakenly adjusted the bolt on the clutch of the A/C compressor instead of the bolt on the belt pulley/vibration damper. Now the belt doesn't shred anymore but A/C won't work and I don't wanna go back to thesame mechanic. Could it be that the clutch is damaged or the whole compressor is damaged as a result of the adjustment? Adjustment was clockwise direction tho!
Any help would be totally appreciated !! Thanks

No. 8 was adjusted instead of No.1

[img]webkit-fake-url://30334e78-915f-4480-82a6-bad48099580a/imagejpeg[/img]

Last edited by Funmimelo; 08-15-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-29-2021, 03:03 PM

2002 ML320
Need help with AC

I'm not even sure if I'm posting in the correct spot on this thread or forum to start with and apologize in advance if I'm going about this wrong .. So getting straight to the point. Recently bought an 02 ML320. AC does not blow cold,not necessarily hot but definitely not cold.. What I have done so far is jump the gun like an idiot and go straight to thinking that it's just low on freon and went and bought a can of the AC pro.. followed directions, said it was low.. continued to follow instructions to fill and it went straight into the red Wich is saying it's something else going on and started checking and trouble shooting things I should have in the first place.. Checked the fuse and relay etc... Actually checked relay first and it was good but noticed there was a 30A fuse in the F44 slot where it says there should be a 40 amp. 30 was obviously blown but replaced with 40 and still no cold air..now I decide to check to see if the clutch on the compressor is seized up(Wich I should have done in the first place) and I can not turn it by hand at all Wich I'm thinking either new clutch or whole new compressor altogether.... But I noticed that when the engines on that the clutch is spinning all the time wether the AC is on or not... And from what I've been reading for the past couple hours on multiple forums is that it's not supposed to even engage until the AC is actually turned on .. and then obviously cuts itself on and off due to cycling and pumping the freon properly on to push cold air into the car... Going to go borrow a digital multi meter to check the plug connection to make sure the compressor is even good in a few here.. But is it normal for the clutch to ALWAYS be spinning if the AC isn't on?
Old 06-30-2021, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
You are on the wrong forum.

https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class.35/
Old 05-26-2022, 02:03 PM
Sro

E 320
Originally Posted by vmystikilv
This is going to sound crazy but i had a ml430 and this is how i would solve it. Start the truck with the a/c system on. Open the hood and then let it drop and close. The shock would always kick in the clutch, and it would work for about a month and then I would have to do it again.
Thats funny mine did same thing. Hit a speed bump out of my apartment and would come on. Means compressor on its last leg. Most likely out of oil because no one gets this serviced unless you are going to a dedicated Mercedes mechanic who has been with you threw servicing the life of the car. Depends on age of car not necessarily miles. Also damage because of serpentine belt failure yanks on it, duo valve failure, in my experience. Not hard to put in new compressor but once you loose freon (as i hit a deer) have a pro do the freon trust me. Do not go to prep boys and get a kit. Mercedes is picky you have to be dead on (precise) or it wont work.
Old 06-02-2022, 01:19 AM

2005 ML350 Sport
sounds like the clutch went out can it be DIY