M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

low range button

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
240sx
low range button

hey guys,

im new here and i have a question. the low range button, when you guys push that and the car goes into low range mode, after you turn the car off and then start it again, is the low range still engaged or does it reset back to normal?

thanks!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
As I recall it resets to normal but I could be wrong as I sold my last W163 2 yrs ago.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:58 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
2000 ML320 2006 SLK 350
Low range will not reset upon shut down and restart...

Originally Posted by sosh
As I recall it resets to normal but I could be wrong as I sold my last W163 2 yrs ago.
I use that feature to my advantage all the time. Before lowering my boat off the ramp, I engage the truck in low range. After the boat is off on the lake, I pull the truck up the ramp and park it all the time keeping it in low range.

Next shut my engine and do my boating...after a few hours come back and restart the truck...low range is always still enganged...

I only disengage it after pulling the boat out of the water and clearing the ramp.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
240sx
Originally Posted by mihir_d
I use that feature to my advantage all the time. Before lowering my boat off the ramp, I engage the truck in low range. After the boat is off on the lake, I pull the truck up the ramp and park it all the time keeping it in low range.

Next shut my engine and do my boating...after a few hours come back and restart the truck...low range is always still enganged...

I only disengage it after pulling the boat out of the water and clearing the ramp.
hmm, interesting. im actually in the market for one and i test drove one yesterday. first one ive ever driven. it felt like the car was really really heavy or the motor had no power at all. like when i was trying to pass going 70-75, it just would not pick up speed at all, even with the gas on the floor! at first, i kinda felt like this car isnt for me cause it doenst have the power. but do you guys think maybe low range could have been engaged but the indicator light was out so the owner doesnt know? when low range is engaged, is it very obvious? or is it that the car just doesnt have the needed power for that size car? my current car is an s13 240sx, and when i push the pedal, it goes....even my trailblazer, when i hit the gas to the floor, that sucker moves, and its only a 3.5 i5. so yeah, ive just never driven a solid rock like the ML. i thought the trailblazer was like a rock after going from my 240 to that, but now my trailblazer feels pretty peppy after driving that ML.

thanks for the help guys. hopefully ill be joining you guys and not the civic crowd.

psssh...haha, thatll seriously, never happen. ill join "forums.WalkToWork.com" before you see me in a civic.

Last edited by makeuw3t; 09-15-2007 at 12:34 AM.