M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

MAF Reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W163 & 203
MAF Reset

I just clean my MAF using the MAF cleaner and reset the system..
How long normally it ll take for system to be back in normal again, do i need to drive certain miles so it ll be come sooner?
I need to do some inspection so I m kind of in hurry, thank s for the input
Old 11-10-2007, 04:29 AM

ML430
Reset MAF

Check out the post a bit higher up the list -
"New MAF installed...car won't run right"

Stacks of advice there
Old 11-11-2007, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Originally Posted by Pottie
I just clean my MAF using the MAF cleaner and reset the system..
How long normally it ll take for system to be back in normal again, do i need to drive certain miles so it ll be come sooner?
I need to do some inspection so I m kind of in hurry, thank s for the input
The MAF is a "statistical" device. It works by sampling over a period of time, based on how much you drive. You can take it to the shop to have it cleared, but if you just drive, over a few miles, the light should go off - the system would've sampled enough data to show that you're not a polluter anymore. I don't know how long for the ML, but it took under 200 miles for my 01 E to self reset, and I believe they both use same MAF.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:51 PM

MAF problem??

I just cleaned the MAF for my 1999 ML 320, CEL light went off, however,when the truck idles for more than 30 seconds, it shuts off. I can restart it again and continue. Also while driving at at 30-45 miles per hour the truck bucks like it has no fuel or electricity. No CEL light.

One particular day the CEL light came on and truck worked flawlessly.

Has anybody experienced this kind of issues with the ML?
Old 12-08-2007, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Originally Posted by wadigo;
I just cleaned the MAF for my 1999 ML 320, CEL light went off, however,when the truck idles for more than 30 seconds, it shuts off. I can restart it again and continue. Also while driving at at 30-45 miles per hour the truck bucks like it has no fuel or electricity. No CEL light.

One particular day the CEL light came on and truck worked flawlessly.

Has anybody experienced this kind of issues with the ML?
Obviously the problem is not your MAF sensor (or you did it bad while cleaning it). I'd have the truck looked at by a Benz dealer. You don't have to do the work at a dealer if you don't want to, but at least they'll nail down the problem and provide possible remedies.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:12 PM

Well my truk was stalling on the way to the dealer(25miles away) stopped at an Advance Auto Part Store and hade the codes read. The fail code was a po100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit problem.....

Well needles to say I had to return home, due to the bucking and stalling. The CEL light came on. When I arrived at home the light went off.

Crazy, Iwill have to flat bed the truck to the dealer.