M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Bluetooth Adapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Bluetooth Adapter

I just purchased a 2002 ML500, I was wondering if there is a bluetooth adapter available for the head unit in this car?
Thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 08:04 AM

2012 E550 Convertible, 2009 Audi Q5 3.2
There are two options: the first is easiest if you happen to have the factory phone system installed. All that is required is the purchase of a "puck" like device that fits in the factory phone cradle in the center console. Once installed, the system is able to communicate with bluetooth phones and controls are accessible via the MCS Comand unit (radio head unit). If you do not have the factory phone, there is a device called an Argos. It installs under the front dash (below the glove compartment) and basically acts like a factory phone system with the bluetooth adapter installed. It is a little pricey, about $600-700 if I remember correctly but works very well. A friend who also has an ML500 has one installed in his and it works as well as my factory system. The site to learn about the Argos is www.eurocarphone.com. There is another site, www.wirelessformb.com which has factory phone items such as the puck I mentioned. Hope this helps.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:36 AM

2003 E500
Originally Posted by Philip LeBlanc
There are two options: the first is easiest if you happen to have the factory phone system installed. All that is required is the purchase of a "puck" like device that fits in the factory phone cradle in the center console. Once installed, the system is able to communicate with bluetooth phones and controls are accessible via the MCS Comand unit (radio head unit). If you do not have the factory phone, there is a device called an Argos. It installs under the front dash (below the glove compartment) and basically acts like a factory phone system with the bluetooth adapter installed. It is a little pricey, about $600-700 if I remember correctly but works very well. A friend who also has an ML500 has one installed in his and it works as well as my factory system. The site to learn about the Argos is www.eurocarphone.com. There is another site, www.wirelessformb.com which has factory phone items such as the puck I mentioned. Hope this helps.
Excellent! Thanks for the info.