M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML320 Oxygen Sensor Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320 Oxygen Sensor Issues

Hello All,

My car recently failed inspection due to a check engine light on. The guy at the inspection center told me that my oxygen sensor had to be replaced. Since i hate the ugly rejection sticker on my car i went to the only place open at the time which was Strauss Auto (Far cry from my mercedes dealer). The guy at the counter told me he had the oxygen sensor for my car (Bosch) but recommended I only get it from the dealer due to the Bosch being inferior and causing more problems.

Is there a diffrence between the Bosch and the Mercedes Dealer. Please help guys the sticker is really getting to me.

thanks esco
Old 03-17-2008, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W163 ML320
Dont go to strauss...

There is no difference, in fact, Mercedes rebrands Bosch parts, if you check your engine bay, some parts actually have both the tristar and the Bosch logo on them. also, you might want to get the OBDII codes checked, the CEL might also come on and cause a failed inspection due to a bad MAF (what happened to me) I ended up changing that and the oxygen sensors before the CEL went away, but its best to check with a mercedes or german-specific shop, R&S Strauss usually only deals with japanese and domestic vehicles, and doesn't tend to have much knowledge on german cars.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks i will follow up with a shop that deals with mercedes by the way what was the cost for your oxygen sensor. Did you go with the Bosch or with the mercedes part.