M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

'Interesting' ML sighting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2002 | 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML320
'Interesting' ML sighting

I was going on the LIE (Long Island Expressway) about a week ago and saw an unusual black ML. It had those plastic 'corner ding protector' things - but it had 3 on each corner of the rear bumper, plus 3 on each corner of the front, making a total of 12 'bumper protectors'. They were black with vertical chrome-ish stripes.

But that's just an aside - when I got closer, I noticed it said "ML600" and it had the ///AMG badge on the right side (it was slightly further up than the ML600 badge was). On the pillar in front of the rear quarter window (I forgot the terminology for it), there was a V12 badge from the old S600.

I looked at the wheels - they were the old ML320 wheels - which matched the rest of the body. The bumpers were painted, but I noticed that the paint was peeling from the front corner on the left side - it was pretty bad - looked like a bad aftermarket paint job on a '98 or '99 ML.

Found it pretty amusing - it looked funnier than I think I have described it.
Old 12-15-2002 | 01:10 AM

ML
Obviously, it's one of those who is not happy with being what they really are. In an effort to be what they ae not they look extremely stupid and can't even make their disguise tastefull. What a waste!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2002 | 01:03 PM

2000 ML 320
2 Christmas's ago, I was coming back to Atlanta via I-20. I was in my ML when a black ML came blowing past me. I dropped the hammer to catch him. Well, to my suprise, this guy had majorly....um....how do I say it, "TRASHED?" his ML. On the back, he took off the "0" in "ML320" and made it an ML32 (GEEK!). On top of that, the took the tri-star badge off and put that nasty ML32 in it's place. It had to have been a 98 or 99. He had that horrible looking GPS attached to the top his dash and no MCS. On top of that, it was lowered a few inches and has a body kit on the front and sides. It was the most disgusting ML I had ever seen. I had to get away from that guy with a quickness. Didn't to be guilty by association.