M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

You are subscribed to this thread My wipers stopped working intermittently- noti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML320, 2000 Audi TT Quattro Coupe Modified, 1996 NSX-T Modified
You are subscribed to this thread My wipers stopped working intermittently- noti

Just wondering where I should start looking...
About 3 weeks ago I flipped on my wipers and for some reason they just didn't turn on. I listened outside, thinking maybe it was a motor issue, but I heard nothing, smelled nothing, etc.

They would work sporadically. I could keep turning them on and off and after say 15-20 minutes they would work find again.

Seems like they have gotten a little worse, because on intermittent mode sometimes they will wipe, then stop, and not start again.

Issue does not seem to present itself when it is not raining or snowing- at least not yet. So I am assuming the issue is electrical, maybe the connector to the motor. Just wanted to find out if others have had this issue, and where I should start looking to troubleshoot.