M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Alarm goes off Randomly and Continuously

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm goes off Randomly and Continuously

I haven't found a thread like this so here it goes. I have a 2002 Mercedes ML320 and about 2 months ago here in NYC when the weather dropped in the lower double digits to single, my alarm started going off automatically. It happends at different time intervals. Sometimes 5 minutes apart, 50 secs apart or several around apart. The only resolution I have it taking off the battery.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-31-2008, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 RX 350 F Sport, 2007 Scion tC, 2000 ML 430 Money Pit Finally Gone! Oh Happy Day!
Originally Posted by Benzlova
I haven't found a thread like this so here it goes. I have a 2002 Mercedes ML320 and about 2 months ago here in NYC when the weather dropped in the lower double digits to single, my alarm started going off automatically. It happends at different time intervals. Sometimes 5 minutes apart, 50 secs apart or several around apart. The only resolution I have it taking off the battery.

Any suggestions?
You could pull the wires on the alarm horn under the hood till you solve this problem. My 2 cents.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:43 PM

2011 GLK350
I've been experiencing something similar when the weather got really cold, really fast, recently.

As soon as I engaged the locks via the remote, the truck's alarm would go off. It may have something to do with the motion sensor being stuck.

This is what should stop the falsing:

Before leaving vehicle, DISABLE the alarm's motion sensor by pressing the "motion sensor disable" switch that is near the sunroof controls. It is represented by a tow truck and hook.

Just push once. Leave vehicle, close door, and lock it via the remote. The false alarms caused by its stuck position should stop.

It will automatically re-engage as soon as you unlock the vehicle, so you may need to depress the switch each time you get out. (at least until the weather warms up or the stuck sensor returns to normal.)
Old 01-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by khom
I've been experiencing something similar when the weather got really cold, really fast, recently.

As soon as I engaged the locks via the remote, the truck's alarm would go off. It may have something to do with the motion sensor being stuck.

This is what should stop the falsing:

Before leaving vehicle, DISABLE the alarm's motion sensor by pressing the "motion sensor disable" switch that is near the sunroof controls. It is represented by a tow truck and hook.

Just push once. Leave vehicle, close door, and lock it via the remote. The false alarms caused by its stuck position should stop.

It will automatically re-engage as soon as you unlock the vehicle, so you may need to depress the switch each time you get out. (at least until the weather warms up or the stuck sensor returns to normal.)
Am I hitting the TOW button or the OFF Button?.. I also noticed locking the door manually works without any issues.