M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Leak at corner of windshield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leak at corner of windshield

Lately, I have noticed that the passenger footwell of my wife's ML is soaking wet. After some searching, I found that water was literally dripping down behind the fuse panel in the passenger side kick panel. The real problem is that I cannot figure out where it is coming from. Everything in the exterior area looks in order, but because of where it is, I cannot see everything. Any ideas?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:38 AM

I drove my wife's ML yesterday (the one with the leak) an noticed there was a sloshing of fluid when changing directions, slowing or accelerating. Is there a false floor in the ML? I am wondering if water leaking at the corner of the windshield is filling a void in the floor.

Any help appreciated
Old 05-22-2009, 01:21 AM

ML 320
I know what it is!!!

hey man, I had the same problem on my ML320. It is very simple, the water is leaking from your sunroof, open it uo and you'll see how there is 2 tiny holes on each side through which water runs down all the way to the wheel well. All you have to do is heat up some water and pour it down the sides of the sunroof, open the roof all the way first
If the water is definitely not going anywhere, you may have to find a peace of wire and stick it inside the hole, that should get it all out.

good luck, let me know what happens.

enrike