M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Help with CD changer/radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
Help with CD changer/radio

Greetings to all, I have been searching and using the advice from this forum for a couple of diy fixes which were incredibly helpful in saving some serious $$$.

In any case, I have an issue which I haven't found in this forum and was wondering if anyone out there could point me in the right direction...

I have a 98 ML320 with the "premium" model radio (not the MCS) with a 6 disc changer. I bought the car used and since I owned it, the radio will not go into CD mode after pressing the mode button like the manual says. It will go into fm1, fm2, am, cc and then back to fm1, skipping the cd altogether. It doesn't even show the "cd not recognized" or "cd err" like some of the users here have posted.

The cd changer appears to work fine. It ejects/accepts the cartridge with and without cds inside.

Before I start blindly disassembling the entire system to troubleshoot, any ml owners out there that can point me to a more localized direction in solving the problem?

Thanks

Last edited by MiMerc; 05-11-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: additional info