M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Help with a fleet purchase from Daimler Chrysler!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with a fleet purchase from Daimler Chrysler!

This is actually about Jeep, but since it falls under DC, I thought I'd ask the question, as I truly need the assistance!

My father and I own a company in a Eurpoean country (in the Balkans), whose nature is automotive and government-related. We are looking to purchase 8 to 10 Jeep vehicles (Grand Cherokee) for our business.

I have not had any success getting any dealer information in Europe, nor am I sure that enquiring here in the US (where I currenty reside) is the answer.

Would you think I would be better of looking here in the US (since Jeep si produced here and may be cheaper - certification issues aside), or should I look sonmewhere in Europe (Germany or Italy, for example). If the latter, which dealers?!!!

Does anyone know a website or a phone number to call that would be relevant in my research? We have to craft a proposal for our investors by the end of the month.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML 430
Which country? Croatia should have a DC dealer..

Again, depending on the country, the way your business is set up etc.. you may consider local laws and what they'll allow and what they won't.. (eg. how will it be registered etc)

We had Ford custom build a diesel F-150 some time ago and imported it w/o any problems as a foreign entity... But then, this was more or less in the middle of the war, and things were more lenient back then.. Boy did we pay dearly for that thing.. you don't wanna know how much Ford charged us