M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

anyone in Chicago that knows how to bypass TELE AID/ FIX MCS systems 03 ml 350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 e55
anyone in Chicago that knows how to bypass TELE AID/ FIX MCS systems 03 ml 350

Hi, I'm looking for someone that knows how to bypass/fix MCS systems. I get no sound from the system the head unit functions. My head unit states cd player not found and tele aid require service. The cd player functions and another one I installed does not correct the issue.
I took it into the dealer. They tried swapping out a head unit and said that did not help. I would need to first replace the tele aid 2400 (yeah right) and possibly the amp 1400 (right)
They said we may be able to bypass the tele aide but could'nt give me a price.

Well I would like to just keep what i have and fix it if possible. But if not I'll just get a new head unit with gps mp3 ipod capability etc for a thousand bucks or so.

Any info would be appreciated.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Looks to me like lots of people have had their fingers into your system so you really do not know what you have. Not recognizing the CD could be a software issue that your dealer could resolve or it could be a connection or an incorrect CD player. As for the Tele Aid. You must suscribe to the program and/or you do have an issue with the equipment or software. You do not state anything about you vehicle. Be advised also that if its an older analog teleaid it will no longer work and the equipment must be changed out.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 e55
Thanks for the reply. I have an 03 ml35 w mcs no nav no phone.
Problem started simply with no sound. Head unit works, cd player powers and seams to load. I get a fiber optic light at all the components cd, tele aid, amp when I disconect the fiber optic cable and power on.

I get an error message on the head unit stating no cd player even with a unit connected. I also tried swapping out with a new cd unit with the same result.

When i hit the svc button the mcs hu it reads tele aide service go to work shop.

I read some a posting stating sometimes the tele aide unit goes into a standby mode and needs to be reflashed. I asked the dealer to do this but got no result. I assume they tried to reflash (but you never know if they actually did).

I never used tele aid and do not intend to. I don't have a phone integration.

I also read you can bypass components of the d2b by using a fiber optic connector. I tried this at the cd and at the teleaid unit. This had no effect on the problem. All fault messages were the same.

Is there a way to test the amplifier? I would hate to buy an amplifier just to test it. Any other ideas?
Thanks