M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Any Help Would Be greatly Appreciated!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml320
Any Help Would Be greatly Appreciated!!

HI all, I have 2000 ml320 that has slow acceleration and a delayed gas pedal reaction(at a stop light/sign I have to floor It for the suv to pick up speed slowly).The check engine light was on and was giving a oxygen problem. I changed The Mass Airflow, plugs, resistor wires, after all this, the problem was still there. I changed the E gas meter, problem still there. checked the check engine light again. Now It says bad pedal value sensor. I just changed that and It's still doing the same thing. The funny thing Is If I shut the suv off then on, the problem goes away for awhile, but then comes back. I was trying to get the problem fixed without using the dealer, but I'm just about out of options. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
About time to have it diagnosed correctly. You have about run out of parts you can throw at it. How does it feel to have spent all that cash for parts you did not need and to spend all that time and still have the issue?? You should have gone right to a dealer or shop with a Star system and you could have saved a bundle on parts and saved lots of your own time.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:39 PM

ml320
Originally Posted by sosh
About time to have it diagnosed correctly. You have about run out of parts you can throw at it. How does it feel to have spent all that cash for parts you did not need and to spend all that time and still have the issue?? You should have gone right to a dealer or shop with a Star system and you could have saved a bundle on parts and saved lots of your own time.
To be honest the first few items were basic tune up items, which I needed anyway, the e gas meter was a waste, but because the problem was not resolved I didn't pay for the pedal valve sensor, and my mechanic used to work for Pepe motors In ny, And Is In contact with the service dept. He's not charging me anymore money to fix the issue, so hopefully It can be resolved. If not I will eventually go to the dealer. Thanks for your opinion.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by modojojoe
To be honest the first few items were basic tune up items, which I needed anyway, the e gas meter was a waste, but because the problem was not resolved I didn't pay for the pedal valve sensor, and my mechanic used to work for Pepe motors In ny, And Is In contact with the service dept. He's not charging me anymore money to fix the issue, so hopefully It can be resolved. If not I will eventually go to the dealer. Thanks for your opinion.
If your mechanic does not have the Star diagnostic system you are wasting your time. The help he is giving you at no charge is worth about what its costing you.If in fact he worked for a dealer you have no idea of what he did. Could have swept the floor for all you know.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:15 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
2000 ML320 2006 SLK 350
I agree with 'sosh'..

Originally Posted by modojojoe
HI all, I have 2000 ml320 that has slow acceleration and a delayed gas pedal reaction(at a stop light/sign I have to floor It for the suv to pick up speed slowly).The check engine light was on and was giving a oxygen problem. I changed The Mass Airflow, plugs, resistor wires, after all this, the problem was still there. I changed the E gas meter, problem still there. checked the check engine light again. Now It says bad pedal value sensor. I just changed that and It's still doing the same thing. The funny thing Is If I shut the suv off then on, the problem goes away for awhile, but then comes back. I was trying to get the problem fixed without using the dealer, but I'm just about out of options. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You need to use STAR Diagnostics to pinpoint the problem...there are non-dealer shops that have the STAR diagnostics software...find one around your place, if you insist on not going to the dealer..

You could have something as fundamentally wrong as the ECU...but more than likely, this seems to be either a throttle circuit or fuel injection problem..

Less likely, but the timing chain can cause this too...I doub't if a timing chain anomaly would throw a precise OBD fault code..you are just going to get these vague codes out of the ECU..

A timing chain problem is a true mechanical problem, not electronic, and I don't think, any sensor can conclusively pin point it..
Old 02-17-2010, 06:27 PM

ml320
I don't know If this Is what the dealer uses, but he Is using the win-star diagnostic system.
http://www.v-techuk.com/english/prod...star/index.asp
Old 02-17-2010, 06:31 PM

ML430, Mini Cooper S and Porsche 911 Twin Turbo
Suggestion....

I'd suggest you try the other Benz forum for assistance with your problem.

There's one guy over there who is really helpful - providing you give him the right info. His screen name is 43sqd

Regards Tim