M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Need Help With Alignment Adjustments

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 ML320
Need Help With Alignment Adjustments

Hi All,

I’m new to the forums and to the MB scene. I just recently picked up a 98 ML320 for dirt cheap. The problem is that the alignment is off and I don’t know if a shop alignment will fix the problem or if there are some bent parts that I need to replace. The alignment is so off where the tires squeals when going over 10 mph. So what I want to do now is try to get it as straight as possible where I can drive it to a shop for the alignment.

I know for sure it’s the driver’s side front and rear tire that are off. The front tire is pointing outwards and the rear is pointing inwards. How is toe adjusted on these vehicles? To adjust the front is it just the tire rod ends or are there other components I can adjust? I’m clueless on how to adjust toe on the rear so please help.

I searched the forums and was only able to find documentations on how to adjust camber and caster. Can someone please help me? Any documentation or write-ups would be greatly appreciated.

Also what other components do you guys think may be bent if there are any? I hope there aren’t any bent parts otherwise this purchase won’t be as good as I thought. I paid $1200 for it with 82K miles .

Thanks in advance!