M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

once again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320, ML320, 300TE
once again

steve, do you not speak english?

most people dont know the aftermarket can offer benefits. Most people who walk into a shop associate aftermarket with bad. Wanna argue about that?

Bottom line, I dont wanna convince them that aftermarket pads are better, and they dont wanna pay extra for aftermarket pads or even thesame price for the aftermarket as the original because its original.

Take the mb command for example. It is primitive and there are nav systems that outperform it by a million times. Yet, people shell out 2500 or 2000 (i forget) to get the original command because its original!
Old 04-22-2003, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML500
You're right.
No accounting for people's ignorance. At least you're able to capitalize on it. Long live the stupid consumer!
Old 04-25-2003, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Absolutely. It turns out that OEM is usually the minum for the money. Usually, aftermarket units perform better than OEM, have better warranties and are cheaper. take shocks and springs, for example. Even pads and rotors. Why pay OEM prices when one can get the equivalent or better aftermarket, cheaper and with better warranty?

I also have found that traditional MB customers are older people and know nothing or very little about aftermarket components. the younger group of buyers are actually catching up.

What was this post about originally? I just opened it up and started commenting, sounded interesting!!!