M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Every postive comes with a...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awaiting a new arrival...
Every postive comes with a...

...NEGATIVE.

Finally got around to mounting the new wheel/tire combo (18x9, 285-50-18) I have had sitting in my garage for ages for my ML320 Sport. The combo looks great, and I will post pics later tonight. That's the positive.

For the negative...the hail storm from hell came last night with no warning. As in, a couple drops of rain and then 5-6 straight minutes of 1/2"-2" diameter. Enough hail to coat my grass, street, roof and tear out window screens in the process. Of course, I parked the ML outside, along with my 233k VW Golf GT. The Golf already had its fair share of dents to begin with, so they are just more uniform now.

The ML, unfortunately, has dents all over the place, the hood looks nice and rippled now, woo hoo. It sickens me, but on the bright side I can finally justify the upgrade to the ML55 hood without feeling guilty about it. I guess at the same time I post pics of the new shoes I can also post pics of the damage. I have to admit, I was too sick to get into it too deep this morning before leaving in the Golf.

And to think, I held off on putting on the ML55/500 grille this weekend just a bit longer...

And to think even more, I was going to bring home my C230 Coupe out of storage last night and decided to wait another week.

Wow, I think I just convinced myself that this was actually a positive experience, I only trashed 2 cars instead of 3!