M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Totally Unacceptable Serive...need help please!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55
Totally Unacceptable Serive...need help please!!!

Hi all, need your help in determining how to handle this situation.
My wife’s CPO 2008 ML350 had the tilt wheel motor go bad (the motor that controls the up and down of the steering wheel). MB put a new motor in 6 weeks ago and then the steering wheels up and down movement was gravely limited in the lower position. In other words, the steering wheel doesn’t go down as far as it used to. It is now uncomfortable to drive and quite frankly dangerous. My wife is only 5’4” so she likes it a bit lower. So I complain and my dealer agrees, it’s not right (like they couldn’t determine that themselves) so they order a new motor. It’s on back order! 6 weeks later, come on in, we’ve got the right one….great!!! They install it, call me, car’s finished and now it’s the same. Advisor tells me the new part supersedes the old one and they can’t get the original one and that we have to live with the steering wheel angle as it is. Do we need to accept this? Really, it’s an 08 car, not a 1975. Dealer tells me there is nothing they can do. HELP!!! By the way, both times now (like yesterday), the steering wheel was off center and the car needed to be realign….after I had to tell them. MB service is horrible. Dealer is Keenan in Doylestown PA. Never again!

Please help! Thanks,
Old 03-03-2011, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ml 500
So I complain and my dealer agrees, it’s not right (like they couldn’t determine that themselves) so they order a new motor. It’s on back order! 6 weeks later, come on in, we’ve got the right one….great!!! They install it, call me, car’s finished and now it’s the same.

So the new part, you waited for 6 weeks did not make any difference after installation?

See if you can get an independent to do it.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by voidy
So I complain and my dealer agrees, it’s not right (like they couldn’t determine that themselves) so they order a new motor. It’s on back order! 6 weeks later, come on in, we’ve got the right one….great!!! They install it, call me, car’s finished and now it’s the same.

So the new part, you waited for 6 weeks did not make any difference after installation?

See if you can get an independent to do it.

Yeah, the new part was the same as the first replacement. Not having an independent do it because it's CPO and I shouldn't have to pay!