M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML 350 problem tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml 350
ML 350 problem tonight

Was driving in NYC tonight when my 2004 ml 350 suv dashlights all lit up and where the miles traveled usually shows, it instead say "error" and car died. Tried restarting, but to no avail. After having someone helped me push the car to the curb everytime I would tried to restart, the engine makes the normal sounds but it just won't start. Called my dad (in pa), he told me to push a red button located on the driver's side; but couldn't find it, anyone know what he is refering to? Supposedly the salesman told him to press the button if the car ever dies, but for the life of me I don't know if such button exist and can't find it. Anyway, the low gas light was also on when it died; so don't know if that might be the problem. The arrow is currently in between the empty and the next marker. So anyway after about 25 mins of trying to find the button, I would intermittenly try to restart and this time around it worked. However; when driving to the apartment (about 1 mile), and was about to park, it died on me again. So had to put it in neutral and push it into the parking spot. And here I am. Is there anything I can do or do I have to get it to an auto shop? For that matter, would any shop work or does it have to be the dealer? We brought our car in PA. Thanks, appreciated if anyone can help me out before the morning.