M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Seatcovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 C300
Question Seatcovers

Anyone have an idea for some nice seat covers? I have a '99 ML with cloth and vinyl seats and the drivers side seat vinyl is beginning to crack already with less than 50k miles on the car. I know I should have gotten leather but I didn't. I was looking at the neoprene covers from "Wet Okole" in Hawaii. I really don't care for sheepskins. Had them on another Benz. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Re: Seatcovers

Originally posted by OttoBon100
Anyone have an idea for some nice seat covers? I have a '99 ML with cloth and vinyl seats and the drivers side seat vinyl is beginning to crack already with less than 50k miles on the car. I know I should have gotten leather but I didn't. I was looking at the neoprene covers from "Wet Okole" in Hawaii. I really don't care for sheepskins. Had them on another Benz. Thanks.
I believe Performance Products has a wide selection. I was looking for a pair for my 3rd rows and they had some funcky ones available. Check them here. Go to Interior Accessories and then click on Seat and Seat Covers.

Last edited by Darkmann; 05-27-2003 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:38 AM

'14 A6 3.0 TFSI
I wouldn't have a car without leather. I thought about buying the Wet Okole's for my Explorer, but didn't see the need to cover leather. I've never seen an ML with cloth interior. The neoprene covers are almost completely weather resistant and you can't beat the look they add. Plus you can take em out hose em off and they're good as new. I bet they're warm in the winter/cool in the summer as well. Let us know what you get and post pics if you get the Okole's!
Old 05-28-2003, 07:37 PM

'11 C300
With a large male Golden Retriever I didn't want to get leather. He goes pretty much everywhere I go. I take the car in for its last service under warranty very soon and I'm going to see what Mercedes says. I can believe they didn't last better than that. This is the drivers seat. The other seats look just fine.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:55 PM

ML500
Towels?

An idea: In our '93 Jeep Grand Cherokee, purchased new in Nov '92 we used a one-piece vinyl liner for the cargo and rear seat tops. This solution has lasted all these years. Since the liner only covers the tops of the rear seats we covered the rear seating area with a black beach towel - black reduces glare - and used another black towel for the rear seat back rests. This home-grown solution has worked well for us and kept our leather seat in perfect condition for over 10 years. The towels are easily cleaned and a good dog hair collector … this has been the perfect solution for us during the over 140,000 miles our Jeep has hauled our German Shepard.

Now I need to find a similar set-up for our new ML.