M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

need to locate a remote wire...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML430
need to locate a remote wire...

I have a 2000 ML430, with the Bose system. I have a 12" sub and a 300w amp that i am planning to install. Now i just need to find a igntion wire for my amp, i can't remove the head unit, so does anyone know an easier way? Would i be able to use the cigarette lighter instead? any info/help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:39 AM

ml350 2009
How on earth I have spent 4 hours searching for this (seemingly) magical question

I have a 2009 ML350 w/HK Sound System.

I want to connect an aftermarket amp and sub (bypassing the stock sub)

I completely understand how to connect the audio wiring specs.

H O W E V E R

WHAT FUSE DO I TAP for the on/off remote wire comming from the aftermarket amp???? I need a fuse that simply turns off when key is removed from vehicle. Every fuse ive tested (so far) has a delayed shutoff and this is driving me insane.

I DO NOT WANT TO USE A line out convertor OR ANY KIND OF THIRD PARTY Sound Sensing devices.

HELP PLEASE ive been searching these forums for 3 hours and no one seems to have a direct answer to this question
Old 08-11-2012, 04:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
W163 ML500 w/Kleeman headers (gone but not forgotten); R63
Originally Posted by SteveOH
How on earth I have spent 4 hours searching for this (seemingly) magical question

H O W E V E R

WHAT FUSE DO I TAP for the on/off remote wire comming from the aftermarket amp???? I need a fuse that simply turns off when key is removed from vehicle. Every fuse ive tested (so far) has a delayed shutoff and this is driving me insane.
Cig lighter or window switches? Would only take a minute to confirm no power when key is out.

Regards,
Jerry
Old 08-12-2012, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 754 Likes on 702 Posts
2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
Originally Posted by SteveOH

H O W E V E R

I DO NOT WANT TO USE A line out convertor OR ANY KIND OF THIRD PARTY Sound Sensing devices.

HELP PLEASE ive been searching these forums for 3 hours and no one seems to have a direct answer to this question
That is because you are on the wrong forum. You should ask your question on the W164 forum.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:54 AM

ml350 2009
Thanks for the reply

Yes I understand that the power windows of cigg lighter would be the best way to go, however I have tapped these lines in the past and experienced weird battery drain.

Seems like theres something about the SAM Module (Signal Acquisition/Activation Module) that changes how the accessory fuses behave. Like anything connected to it seems to have a delayed "shut off" even after the key is removed.

I have never tryed to tap directly into the cigg lighter - meaning litterally tap the wire behind the ashtray itself. Im wondering if this would be the best way to go.

Can anyone shed some light on this?