M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Bypassing Factory Audio Amp.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 W212 | 2016 W205
Question Bypassing Factory Audio Amp.

Hey Guys,

Well i have a 1999 ML430 which has the factory BOSE woofer under the passenger seat. However i have installed a new Touchscreen headunit to replace the old tapedeck, however i always get this annoying hiss at any level of volume, then i realised that the car already has an amplifier installed somewhere which must power the speakers and amp. However my headunit has 4x50W amp bult in, so im guessing im sending an Amped signal into the factory amp which is creating the annoying hiss.

Do any of you guys know how I can bypass the factory amp and still maintain the stock subwoofer under the seat? or is this not possible?

I don't really mind losing the woofer if i can get rid of this dam hissing noise!!.

ALso when i installed, i had to cut off the old connector from the old headunit and tap every specific wire to get audio through the speakers, however on the wires in the car, i had to send a constant power source down a wire which i believe told the factory amp to turn on and off. When no power was being sent down, no audio.

ALso where is the location of the stock amplifier?

Thanks