M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Please Help 01 Ml500 windows and locks wont work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml500
Please Help 01 Ml500 windows and locks wont work

my friend bought a 01 ml500 that some guy had a back yard radio installer put a flip up tv/radio in it and after they rigged it up the radio plays fine but none of the windows will go up or down neither will the door locks work and the mirrors don't work. Anyone have as to a clue what they could've done? i know from working on it all freaking week at work that the motor and wiring to each window is fine because i chased each wire up to the switch and applied power and ground to each one and they work perfect. I put another console switch with all the windows and mirrors and door lock buttons from another working car and still nothing. I've noticed they unplugged and removed the bose amp that was on the firewall and tapped into the speaker wires to get the sound out but what would cause all of this to go bad right when they hooked this up? if anyone out there has a wiring diagram it would greatly appreciate it if you could send it to my email mtm864@yahoo.com of the connectors under the wood grain window switch panel. Also the rear control for the air doesn't work either im thinking that its all tied in together. Thank you for your time and help btw ive checked all relays and fuses and they are good