M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Radio & GPS Aerial problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Radio & GPS Aerial problems

1st post so be gentle please.

Have replaced my command unit due to it not working properly and a good deal on a Blaupkunt 800 New York.

Have found that radio and gps signal not too good and assume that the aerial amp is not getting any power. Have one plug with two wires not connected and thought this was power for the multichanger does this power the areial too? If so what are the polarity of the wires.

Thanks

Andy
Old 10-27-2012, 09:12 PM

My guess its the antenna amp

If you take the antenna module out (you have to loosen a bit of the headliner) you'll find some rust and no signal. Replacement modules are expensive and last 4 or 5 years if you are lucky. Suggest you buy a gps antenna (Pioneer worked for me) from Amazon for about $30. Module coax screws together just like factory. Module is mounted on dash on passenger side near windshield and out of the way and weather. You can try this out and not be out much money if you are wrong.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:03 PM

ML350
Originally Posted by ccweems
If you take the antenna module out (you have to loosen a bit of the headliner) you'll find some rust and no signal. Replacement modules are expensive and last 4 or 5 years if you are lucky. Suggest you buy a gps antenna (Pioneer worked for me) from Amazon for about $30. Module coax screws together just like factory. Module is mounted on dash on passenger side near windshield and out of the way and weather. You can try this out and not be out much money if you are wrong.
I saved time and connected the gps antenna that came with the unit and have mounted it underneath the dashboard on top of the glove box. Out of prying eyes and a vey good signal too.

Thanks for advice