M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Octane redux

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'82 turbo yugo
Octane redux

(Ali if this is redundent go ahead and delete)

Well, it seems that a great number of experts agree with the "ignorant" Tim and Pete.

Premium v.s regular gas from USA Today, today.

"Burning regular when the owner's manual specifies premium won't void the warranty, nor damage the engine, even the most finicky automakers say. "You're giving up perhaps just a little bit of performance that a customer wouldn't really even notice, it's so slight," says Furey"

"All Porsche engines are designed for premium, too, but it's not available everywhere. "Our cars must be able to drive all over the world, and so we are able to run on regular," says Jakob Neusser, director of powertrain development at Porsche's research and development center in Weissach, Germany. "You don't have to feel that a mechanical problem or anything else will happen" using regular gas, even in the highest-performance, regular-production Porsches."

p.s. for "E-klasse" : Why would the fact that some idiot ran a red light, hit my wife, and totalled our ML affect my credibility?
Old 08-01-2003, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML430, Mini Cooper S and Porsche 911 Twin Turbo
Well that just about settles it then...

As far as I'm concerned at least.

Off down the gas station to fill the ML with 87 octane.

Although interestingly, but probably unrelated, while it was in for the power steering clamp they also changed the right hand catalytic converter which apparently was about to explode. Seems it had a cracked weld.

At my request they also changed the sound deading panels on the front doors as they were rubbing up against the windows

Time to update my sig again.....
Old 08-01-2003, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
More confusion for the uninformed