M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

1999 ML320 cruise control broken after engine replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 ML320
1999 ML320 cruise control broken after engine replacement

Alright, the cruise control my 1999 ML320 does not work, and I am stumped. So, last year I replaced the engine in my ML (with an identical engine from an E class) because the old one was burning tons of oil. I didn't replace anything electronic on the car, just the engine. I kept the same throttle body and various other engine 'attachments'. After I got done with the swap, the CC just didn't work. Everything else was ok, and the car ran like new...just no CC. I checked all of the fuses, which were fine. Then, frustrated, i finally took it into the local MB dealership to have them diagnose the problem. They said it was the stalk switch on the steering wheel (part #0075457124) because they weren't getting a signal from it. So I replaced the switch with a brand new one and still no dice. I did some forum reading and decided to replace the brake switch, also no luck. There are no lights on, except the check engine light for codes P0141 and P0136. I called the guy at the dealership this morning and told him the switch didn't fix anything, and he said it must be something "down the line". Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with my CC? What could a total engine replacement do to deactivate it? Are there any CC diagrams I could look at?

I appreciate any help...I feel like ripping the hair I already don't have out!