M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

2001 M23 Kompressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 ML320
2001 M23 Kompressor

Hello. First of all I want to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their knowledge and experience. I have been referencing your threads and researching MBs for a few months now, and am finally proud to be a first time owner.

I saw a dealer ad posted for an 01 M32 with 92k miles locally. After some research, I learned that there was no such thing. (thank you)
Still interested in the vehicle, I went to check it out... And bought it for $5k.

Carfax and a little investigation show 1st owner (female) from upstate NY had rear collision damage fixed and traded in. 2nd owner were the goofballs at the auction who repainted the vehicle, put big wheels, red plastic caliper covers and emblems on it.

I was able to track down stock rims in perfect condition. Put brand new rubber on them and scare the dealer into replacing the AMG and Kompressor emblems with correct oem badges. Half a bottle of Goof Off remedied the vinyl emblems on headrests and dash. Thankfully the truck has beautiful interior and flawless paint. Everything works and codes corrected themselves with the new rubber and 4 wheel alignment.

I have not been so excited about a vehicle since my first car 25 years ago! I know it is not a great year for quality, not a great model for prestige and not an outstanding example of MB. But its my first one and I love it! Already signed it up on TrueDelta and looking into preventative maintenance.

I reset the maintenance code today after changing the oil (thank you again) with Mobil1 full syn 10w30 high mileage and Mann fleece filter. The code was at -17600! Yes, the oil and filter looked like it had almost 20k on it. And the filter fell apart when I pulled it out.

Thank you again for all who have shared and dared to ask questions. I'm very happy to be a new owner, new member and look forward to a long time on the road in my MB.

Last edited by Pistonring8; 03-12-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Was advertised as M32 not M23... Sorry!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 ML 500
Welcome to the Benz world! Was it an ML320? I love the ML but heard a lot of neg on the early 320s. A genuine GOOD LUCK. I hope it doesn't let you down. Enjoy.