M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Having trouble identifying/finding pins for a window switch connector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML500
Having trouble identifying/finding pins for a window switch connector

Hey there MBWorld. So I posted a thread a while back asking about an incident with my 2002 ML500 where smoke was coming out of my gear shift lever. Many though it was the shifter module that must have burnt out somehow. However, our mechanic found out that the connector for the window switch was what completely melted.

Now we managed to find a new window switch. Finding the connector was a huge headache because it was actually three plastic pieces that combine to form a single connector. We had to go to three MB dealerships and several botched orders to even identify the part.

Now the only thing we are missing are the female connector pins that go into the connector. I was hoping someone could give me a part number or a site that I could find these pins. Even a proper name that I could find at a general electronics store would be a huge help. The local MB technicians are less than unhelpful when it comes to these older models.

I've uploaded a picture of the window switch and circled the problem area in red. That's where the connector melted; the pins in the switch are fine. I'm just missing the ones for the wires themselves. I believe this particular plug is what controls the power windows.
Attached Images