M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

got a ml last weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 ml270cdi
got a ml last weekend

Hi people thought i would say helloand let you know how i been getting on with the ml.The car is a 2003 270cdi inspiration with 100k on the clock,picked it up sunday of a private seller.On the way back it just felt so slow(i didn't think it would be a rocket)anyway on monday was on the web and found out it was in limp mode so off to mb for for a maf sensor,installed it and it flew(job done)also got the window tinted.On my way home that evening i smelled diesel,i lifted the bonnet and it was pi**ing out everywhere.Tuesday i went to investigate the diesel leak and found that a pipe under the diesel pump had split rubbing on the drive belt,someone has made a home made diesel pipe which was shocking,off to mb again and got the proper hard pipes and fitted them(no more leak)So off i go tuesday evening and some guy shouts you got no brake lights,checked for the switch under the brake pedal and it was not there,i hit the web for answers and found out it moved to the brake servo area in late 2002 so picked 1 up from mb and fitted it and it made no difference.Then i read something online about wires corroding under the washer bottle.I took the washer bottle out and the search for the broken wire started, I found it on the bunch of cables going to the abs pump and fixed it and now have brake lights I hope this is the end to problems for a while would like to just enjoy the car.All in im not happy with the seller but glad im handy with spanners and got it all how it should be