M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Navigation System Characters Blurry..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Navigation System Characters Blurry..

I need some urgent input from all 2000 ML430 owners!! I recently took my ML for its first Schedule A service and after this, I have had nightmares with my car! Looks like the dealer has really messed up my Benz. Here is one of my 3 issues that I am fighting with the dealer:

I was having problems with my Nav unit where the unit would not power on at all a few times. The dealer showed me a trick to remove the fuse and reinstall it again. I kept on doing this until my first service and now, they have diagnosed the the MCS head is bad and have replaced the it. This means that I now have a new LCD screen.

All excited, I started playing with it and it now appears that the characters are all thicker than before. Worst, when the lights are turned on, I now see a glare when looking at the screen from an angle. When I turn the contrast to a max, the night images look good but then it is too bright for the day mode!

Do you guys all have these kind of issues or do I have a lemon MCS head?? The dealer has challenged me that this is how it is but I am sure that before the letters and images were all crisp and skinny.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks