M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Problem: Loss of power and hot air through vents

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml270
Problem: Loss of power and hot air through vents

Hi there. I have an ML 270 and it has a problem that is baffling even the Mercedes dealers in our area. I wonder if anyone has experienced it?

Every now and then I experience a loss of power and this coincides with hot air coming through the vents. The loss of power feels like the turbo isn't working, it isn't lumpy and it doesn't hunt it's still smooth but underpowered. The hot air through the climate control vents is hot no matter what you have the cars temp set to. When the power returns, and I get normal acceleration the vents start blowing air at the correct temperature once again.

We have had the car on a computer and it was talking about a heat sensor error, but they can't pin it down. They have tried changing the MAF sensor but this didn't help. They are now talking about fixing something in the manifold, but this is just an "idea" they have and it's an expensive way to test an "idea"

If anyone has any ideas they would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited by jayleblake; 02-21-2014 at 07:18 AM.