M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML GOD, help, pulling to left

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 02:58 PM
GMW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML63 AMG PP
Question ML GOD, help, pulling to left

I have an ML270 CDI that is pulling to the left. I've done alignment on it about 4 times but it still pulls to the left. A second or two as soon as you start off, the steering likes to pull left even when it was aligned to the point that when the steering is held on the straight ahead the vehicle would turn to the right, it still pulled to the left when you let go. A gentle but very noticeable pull to the left. In fact it only stopped pulling to the left when there was a noticeable slope from left (higher) to right (lower). Help! Then it went in a straight line! What else can be adjusted to correct this? Someone else on this forum mentioned the torsion bar?
Old 01-12-2004, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: ML GOD, help, pulling to left

Originally posted by GMW
I have an ML270 CDI that is pulling to the left. I've done alignment on it about 4 times but it still pulls to the left. A second or two as soon as you start off, the steering likes to pull left even when it was aligned to the point that when the steering is held on the straight ahead the vehicle would turn to the right, it still pulled to the left when you let go. A gentle but very noticeable pull to the left. In fact it only stopped pulling to the left when there was a noticeable slope from left (higher) to right (lower). Help! Then it went in a straight line! What else can be adjusted to correct this? Someone else on this forum mentioned the torsion bar?
It could be but that is the only thing I dont do on these things is align them...sorry
Old 01-12-2004, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
assuming your alignments were done correctly, you could have a tire in that position that has a bad belt. This would cause a pull to that side with no other symptoms