M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

No Fuel to Engine p0087

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 ML320 Blutec
Exclamation No Fuel to Engine p0087

Hi all,

Im having a problem that i cant figure out.

2009 ML320 Bluetec

As i was slowing down for a red light, my truck died on me, like it was getting fuel anymore. I still had about 1/4 tank left. The truck started again after a couple tries, I was able to get off the main street and pulled onto a side street before it died on me again.

Got a tow truck to take me back to my house. Hooked up my ODB reader to pull codes and i got a p0087 Rail pressure problem, along with Ad Blue heater code.

When i turn my truck to the ON position, i can hear the low pressure fuel pump running, but there is a gurgling sound coming from my gas tank, like it is struggling to suck the gas up properly. A friend of mine said it could be a problem causing gas to go back into the tank via a overflow return line. He also said it sounds like there could be an air leak in the system somewhere.

I was able to get a good deal on a garunteed used fuel pump and swapped them out. After the swap, the truck started on the second try. I let it run for about 10 minutes, then when for a little test drive, everything seemed fine until i really tried stepping on the gas, it picked up for a couple seconds then i lost most of my power generation, the truck would let me go over 2000rpm. i was able to make it back to my driveway, i let the truck sitting running for about 5 minutes while i ran into the house, when i came back out the truck wasnt running anymore.

- Fuel filter was replaced about 7-8 months ago during maintenance.
- i did play chicken with my fuel tank a couple months ago, and ended up running out of diesel and dieing on the side of the road. Maybe i sucked up some **** from the bottom of my tank and it got stuck in the new filter.

I had a buddy come over with his Star C3 and run some tests. I wasnt able to do the high pressure pump tests without the car running.

Quick Test Results:
CDI 6BIN5 - Common Rail Diesel Injection -f-

-----
Further tests we pulled up:
Code 11B800 The control deviation during rail pressure regulation via the quantity control valve is too high.

another Code 11B800 the rail pressure is too low during regulation via the quantity control valve.

although the 2 11B800 codes say that the fault last occured at 72,190km. Truck is sitting at 172,000km now. I bought the truck at around 70,000 km.
------

Another test that i was able to do:
Rail pressure sensor offset test-
current voltage is 0.333v
the pressure corresponding to the voltage is 3.9 bar.
the rail pressure sensor is in order.

Any thoughts?

**edit* I have cleared all codes many times with an odb reader since i have owned the car, i have also cleared everything with the Star once. The codes i posted above keep popping up since i have had this fuel problems. i dont get why it keeps giving me stored codes from 72k.*

Last edited by BrandonKushner; 06-14-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 ML55,2007 ML63
You are in the wrong forum
Old 06-14-2015, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 ML320 Blutec
wow clicked wrong one.

lol thanks.

moving now.

Mod Please Delete Thread