M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Aesthetic issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 03:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S550
Aesthetic issues

Hello

I'm wondering about a few things in my new car, maybe some people can help:

-The phone feature, is it possible to get some use out of it? It says no phone system installed but I'm interested to know what kind of system it would be if I wanted to install one.
-Navigation. No navigation installed or something like that, I'm just wondering if its possible to get something for in there.
-I've attached a photo of the gear stick, you can see that something should be on top of it and its missing. I'm just looking for some inspiration on what I could use as a replacement.

None of these are critical obviously, but I'd like to learn more about my Mordekaiser. (He has a name.)

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Aesthetic issues-img_20150308_190237.jpg  
Old 06-21-2015, 08:41 PM
DrX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 ML320, 2003 A160
If you are that keen on the integrated phone system, you could install an antique Motorola V60 analog phone like in this document. It would still work. -->

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/atta...n-bulletin.pdf

For navigation, you need a 2nd-hand MCS. Junkyard item or eBay.

The top of the gearshift knob has a plastic disk with a Benz logo. Mine fell off so I glued it back - the previous owner of yours didn't bother. Find a dead ML at a junkyard and pop it off with a small screwdriver.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S550
Originally Posted by DrX
If you are that keen on the integrated phone system, you could install an antique Motorola V60 analog phone like in this document. It would still work. -->

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/atta...n-bulletin.pdf

For navigation, you need a 2nd-hand MCS. Junkyard item or eBay.

The top of the gearshift knob has a plastic disk with a Benz logo. Mine fell off so I glued it back - the previous owner of yours didn't bother. Find a dead ML at a junkyard and pop it off with a small screwdriver.
Thanks a bunch for the response.
I'll tackle the phone thing later, I dont have the time right now. I'll also look around for the nav unit but I think it will be tricky to find that plastic disc with the logo. You almost never find a junk yard in these parts. The search begins lol