M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ml350 - vibration/shaking window?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml350 - vibration/shaking window?

ive got an 03 ML 350 (14K miles on it now) for 7 mo now
just within the last month ive noticed a low vibrating/shaking sound by the driver's window door - its not anything real loud but is annoying like hell (sounds like someone rubbing thier fingers by your ear); mainly happens over rough roads or the expressway at even as low as 20 mph. I took it to the dealer for service and they said they couldnt find anything wrong but replaced the door piping on the rear L passenger door - still have the problem. Took it back and test drove it with the service rep and mechanic and they say they dont hear anything unusual - they state its wind turbulence (at 20mph? wth?)

can anyone please tell me if they have the same experience? I cant beleive a $40,000 car can be this poorly constructed to have "vibration or wind turbulence" at such low speeds

what i have noticed is that if i tap on the window (while fully closed) i get the shaking/vibrating sound) but it also happens on the passenger side, but my passengers have never noticed it and neither have i when sitting in the passenger side.

any input would be apprectiated